Wednesday, July 02, 2008

And the winner is...



Many warm congratulations to Marriah W. of Memphis, Tennessee who won "The DIY Bride: 40 Fun Projects for Your Ultimate One-of-a-Kind Wedding" by Khris Cochran.

Marriah wrote about her DIY idea, "By far the most money-saving DIY that I'm taking on for our wedding has been making all the paper products with a Top: Gocco Machine. Granted I had to buy the Gocco first - but we'll just call that even compared to the set-up fees that are often required when ordering programs, invites, etc. - but this is definitely something that I'll be using in the future.

I made quite complicated save the dates with a pull tab (a'la children's pop-up books) complete with ribbon accents and two small photos. They end up costing less to make per piece (envelopes included) than they did to put a stamp on them - plus we got exactly what we wanted! I bought almost all the paper I need to make 170 invitations just yesterday and spent $100 - it would have only cost $50 had I caught the paper on sale but I'm getting to the time crunch. I'll be adding some ribbon and envelope liners to the mix, but I'm sure they'll still cost less than 1.50 (+postage) a piece in the end."

A wonderful idea Marriah, the Gocco DIY tip is fabulous!

No comments: