Friday, November 21, 2008

Musical Tribute


(that's me and my dad, and my husband and his mother at our wedding)

I love weddings that bring in family heritage and that acknowledge the parents of the bride and groom. I've seen touching moments, such as Lindsey's parents reading poetry to her during the ceremony. Or when Theresa and Charlton gave their parents flowers during the ceremony to thank them for their support.

I also love the idea of a musical tribute. To acknowledge your parents who are married, play music from their first dance. My parent's first dances at their wedding were "Dance With Me" and "Do You Believe in Magic?" You can take a moment to acknowledge them before the dance and then let them begin the dance before the DJ opens the floor to the entire wedding. Isn't it sweet? It's a beautiful and thoughtful tradition to bring to your reception.

No comments: