Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolution #3


(click image to enlarge)


For my final resolution, I hereby do commit to save money. Not that I plan to become a fanatic but you will find me at sample sales and in thrift shops (seeking beautiful vintage pieces at discount prices!) One of my favorite ways to save money is with vintage clothing and once used items. It takes more research, more tenacity to find the treasure, and more gumption to talk the price down, but when you find that gem it's all worth it.

You can research through the amazing Once Wed or if you have more time, try searching for wedding goods under Shop Goodwill or Ebay. You might be pleasantly surprised at what you might find. Consider searching for your bridesmaids dresses through vintage sites and stores. My favorite in Los Angeles is Aardvark's Odd Ark and my favorite online is Some Like it Vintage. Especially if you want a lot of color, vintage prom dresses make wonderful maid's dresses.

I'd love to hear how you might be saving on your wedding without forgoing charm. Email me your tips and I'll be glad to share them!

The gorgeous flowered gown was found through TheFrock.com, the yellow prom dress was found in Dorothea's Closet.com and the vintage flower necklace is currently bid at $15 on Ebay.

1 comment:

Some Like it Vintage.com said...

Vintage is the best way I can think of to save money! The web is a great place to shop as some folks don't particularly enjoy rummaging through dusty (and smelly) thrift stores.

I'm not getting married (again...) so I don't have any current tips...but I agree that vintage prom dresses are a great choice. Alot of them are white, but try a splash of color :-)

Happy New Year!