Monday, December 01, 2008

Partridge in a Pear Tree



(click image to enlarge)

To celebrate Christmas I thought I'd look at 12 wonderful details that can be incorporated into a wedding. I adore birds; their bright colors, whimsical flight, cheery singing. Wedding toppers have been a big trend this year and I think it will continue for several more. Cloth cake toppers are handmade by Ann Wood. Bird's nests double as table cards and as tasty favors when filled with Jordan almonds. Fanciful pink and green bird stationery can be found through Cheree Berry. And I love the bold cutouts on the wedding cake, it's elegant and playful at the same time. A vintage bird cage can be dressed up to make a beautiful note collector.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the red cake. That's pretty wickedly awesome!