Friday, December 05, 2008

Three French Hens


(click image to enlarge)

I bet you didn't know that a bachelorette party is known as a "hen party" or a "hen night" in the UK and Australia. Though bacheloette parties are somewhat new (and often today equate with wild michief), dinners and parties thrown in honor of the bride-to-be have been tradition for centuries.

Great "Hen Parties" are often weekend excursions or day trips. Consider a day at a spa. There's something very bonding about seaweed wraps and group mud baths. Or wine tasting-notice how giant the bride-to-be's glass is in the photo. Even if you have more than three hens at your party, and even if none of them are French, start planning with your maids as to what type of hen party is going to have you the most relaxed for your wedding day!

1 comment:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Oh, and they call it "Stagette" in Canada (where my family lives). One time I had a Canadian bride and she asked me for ideas for her "Stagette" and I was thinking to myself... what the heck is a "Stagette"! It's interesting to know that different parts of the world have a totally different name for a bachelorette party.