Saturday, June 28, 2008

One Year Cards




(click to enlarge)

One of the many benefits of having gone to Otis Art College is that it means that many of my friends are amazingly talented and creative. "K" is one of such. These are her One Year Cards, the idea and design being entirely her own.

I was thrilled to open the card and see her pictures from her wedding last year. After unfolding her clever origami piece I found a personal hand written note. She thanked me not only for the gift but for being there to support her marriage. It was sincerely touching and it absolutely made my day. Opening such a card really does have an impact- you feel you are truly one of the luckiest people in the world to have such a thoughtful friend.

I think everyone should have One Year Cards, it's the sweetest gesture and a great way to catch up with those you might not have seen since the wedding. "K" said it took her four hours to fold one hundred notes, but the impact was worth every second.

No comments: