Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Inspiration Board 11: A Bowl of Cherries

Do weddings have to be planned around a single color?
"Not so!" says I.

My dear friend Lindsey is centering her wedding around bees (photos to come). For the next few posts I thought I'd share boards based on a theme and not a color. The benefits of this are fabulous- as you can mix and match colors and details while still holding true to a cohesive and unifying style. Because I don't know about you, but I'm a many hued person and these boards give the flexibility to show it!

(click to enlarge)

This board features cherries, bright red colors, cherry blossoms and other fruity fancies! Cupcake photo by Design*Sponge, vintage wedding dress found through The Frock, cherry favors by Martha Stewart, wedding cake by Schubert's Bakery, cherry blossom program by Paper Source. I love that it's very clear what this wedding is all about but it doesn't feel "matchy-matchy" or overdone. I'm a firm believer that less is more and this board is great at using many shades of pink, yellow, and whites and cherries to tie it together.

Cherry Blossom Cocktail
1 1/2 oz. Three Olives Cherry vodka
1/2 oz. orange juice
1/4 oz. grenadine
1/4 oz. Red Bull
Maraschino cherry (for garnish)Pour first four ingredients over ice, shake, and garnish with a maraschino cherry.

(recipe courtesy of The Knot)

No comments: