Friday, June 06, 2008

BEEutiful Stationery




(click to enlarge)

As promised, here is my dear friend Lindsey Schroeder's amazing wedding invitation. Her dad is a beekeeper and she has centered her wedding around the charming creature.

Her invitations came in a lovely yellow envelope complete with a bee postage stamp. Her stationery was wrapped in a wax paper pressed in a honeycomb pattern. The invitation is cleverly folded to hold her enclosure cards and is letterpressed with a drawing of a fat little bee. She hand drew the wording and turned it into a plate so she could hand letterpress all of her invitations.

These are so charming and endearing that they have been the highlight of my week! I thought I was the most special person in the world when I opened them. They're personal, whimsical, yet elegant and so very Lindsey. To see her Save the Date postcard see my earlier post.

(Note: Be sure to see Snippet & Ink's inspiration board based on Lindsey's invitations!)

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

These are absolutely incredible! I am so impressed - thank you for sharing them!

rebekah said...

Soooo cute!

Maria @ {ritzy bee} said...

Okay...I LOVE these...of course I am extremely partial to bees but these are so cute!

Lindsalon said...

Thanks Melissa, I feel so fancy!
-Linds