Monday, December 29, 2008

New Year's Resolution #1


(click image to enlarge)

This year I have some big resolutions! First of all, I hereby do commit to go green. If you're interested in having a green wedding, might I recommend "The Green Bride Guide: How to Create an Earth-Friendly Wedding on Any Budget" by Kate Harrison. I have a copy and it's packed with ideas from the moderate to extreme environmentally friendly ideas for your wedding that anyone can afford to incorporate.


Here's one tip from Kate's book.

"When I went to buy a veil, my mouth literally fell open: $180...It was especially shocking because unlike shoes or wedding jewelry, you can't buy a veil you'll wear again...consider some of the alternatives...borrow or buy used. Tulle is petroleum based, meaning it comes from a non-renewable resource and doesn't biodegrade for hundreds of years. If you can't find a veil to borrow, or if you want a more intricate style, buy a used or vintage veil. It recycles materials that have already been processed so you don't create any pollution. What could be greener?"

No comments: