Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Meet Laura Hooper


(click image to enlarge)

First of all, I apologize for the late post! Between election volunteering and my birthday I'm completely out of breath and today's only Wednesday! That being said, I'm so thrilled to introduce you to Laura Hooper.
If you're not familiar with Laura Hooper of Lucky Orchid Wedding , she's the talented calligrapher who's shooting to the top of calligraphy fame-dom. She's especially amazing at creating custom maps, save the date cards, and Wedding Invitations that are elegant, fanciful and fun. She's been wonderful to answer some of the questions I asked her about herself and her blog.


Q: Tell us a little bit about you and how you began blogging.
A: I’m a professional calligrapher and I began blogging to get the word out about my business and all the cool things that calligraphy can be used for, other than just addressing envelopes. There are tons of things and blogging is a lot easier than constantly updating your website.

Q: What is your day job?
A: I’m a full-time calligrapher so I do maps, invitations, and envelope addressing all day long.

Q: What can a reader expect when they visit your blog?
A: They can expect to see all my latest work, as well as special offers from the best vendors in the business and other wedding related happenings.

Q: Tell us a little about your company.
A: Yes, I primarily work with brides on letterpressed invitations, save the dates, envelopes, and placecards. The goal I had with my line was to offer fun, modern invitations in bold colors and unique papers but incorporate the traditional look of calligraphy. Though calligraphy doesn’t always have to look traditional, some of my styles like Ella and Parisian are fun and funky and are really popular right now.


Q: Why do you like to blog?
A: It’s actually a welcome break from all the writing I do every day – however I usually blog late at night because that’s when I can find the time to do it.

No comments: